Monday, November 5, 2012

October Treats . . . and Another Wreath


I had so much fun making the last wreath, I decided to do it again for Thanksgiving!  This was really simple: no sewing or gluing, just lots of cutting (fabric) and tying around a wire wreath.  I thought this design would be nicer for Thanksgiving. Guys, I'm sorry.  This could get old.  Cause you know I'm planning to do one of these for every major holiday. 
 Rating: 5 Smileys.
I actually had to go back and buy more fabric.  I think I ended up using close to 4 yds. (for an 18 in., 4 layer wreath).  Wow.


Another diaper cake for my friend's baby girl, Daphne May.  She's two days old today.
Rating: 3.5 smileys.
I love the ribbon on this, but I didn't love the flower I crocheted.  It was a new pattern, and I think it was a strikeout.  :/  

Also, I may be retiring the diaper cakes, unless someone requests one.  No one seems to dig them as much as me and I'm getting a little tired of my husband poking fun at them.


This headband was for Johanna Taggart's little baby, Molly, due next week.  This was my first time doing a rose and I LOVE the colors and I LOVE the way it turned out.
Rating: 5 smileys


I put it together as part of my baby bath basket I was FINALLY able to give away.  I have been hanging onto this idea (and the basket contents) for some time.  Nice to finally give one away!  


My friend mentioned at Johanna's shower that she'd like me to make a flower headband for her baby girl (Evelyn Darton) for their Christmas photos.  I was excited to surprise her and brought it to church the next day.  It was a perfect match!  LUCKY guess!


Rating: End result: 5 smileys.
I mean, look at who it's on! 
Process: 1 smiley
This initially was also a failed new pattern, but I worked on it and modified it (way too long, really) until I ended up with a winner.  I am the same way with crochet patterns as I am with dinner recipes: I like to try new stuff all the time, especially when I'm making it for someone else.  I now have several different flower pattern options that I like, so maybe I'll just experiment within those next time, to spare my wrists.


I already posted about these booties, but since my friend Glo was sweet enough to send a picture of little Jack in them, I'm sharing it.  This is the first picture I have of any baby in a pair of booties I made, so I'm thrilled that they actually fit.  Woo hoo!


Okay, this one's a biggie.  This is a pair of pajamas for my son.  That I made.  As in--sewed myself.  My friend Anna Crowe is quite the seamstress and she was all too eager to help me do this, so I was eager to learn.  She made the button holes and cut most of the pieces, and held my hand at every single step, but otherwise it was all me! ;)


Isn't he a handsome devil?
Rating: 4 smileys
The pants could use a bit more length (I think a border of that skeleton material at the bottom would've been cute.  And there were little mistakes, but overall, it's wearable.  Huge win!


This is Jasper wearing the top as a jacket (cause really that's kind of how it turned out) on Halloween day.  He looks so stylish to me here.  I love it!


So, this skirt I made a couple of months ago, (I had the material on hand) when I spotted and fell in love with Jasper's costume and decided to go as Minnie Mouse.  From here it looks great, but trust me, it's best used as a costume.    


So this is the big one: I MADE THOSE PANTS JAKE IS WEARING--
ALL BY MYSELF!!!
With some encouragement from Anna, I bit the bullet.  I went to Joann's, bought the fabric, pattern, and thread, modified the pattern (since it was a pattern for women's pajama capri pants), cut the pattern and sewed it ALL BY MYSELF.  I called Anna just one time for help, and that was it!  And I did it in one day!  (I told Jake to stand like this because I wanted him to show off the buttons.  He thinks he looks ridiculous in this picture.  I think he's cute.)


Mickey Mouse family with homemade skirt and pants:
Rating: 10 smileys!!!
I know it's only out of 5, but seriously, this one is going front page of my record book.  I am so stinkin' proud of those pants.  I did it!


And with that, I'll leave you with one more shot of the wreath.  You know, it's even better in person . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment