Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crochet Catch-Up

Here's a trip down crochet memory lane where I'm sharing all the projects to date that I have pictures of.  I've given most of these things away, so pictures are all I have.


Christmas 2008: Rob's Afghan
I made this shortly (within a few months) of learning to crochet and it was a doozy!  I actually developed carpel tunnel from crocheting too long and frequently, and even now I still have to take my crocheting (and typing, and piano playing, and cell phone operating) in small doses.  I made this in record time: about 6 weeks.  Again, I don't recommend it--got a little too excited about my new hobby.  But isn't this a beauty?!  This was Rob's gift for our homemade Christmas and I absolutely loved it.  When I get a chance visiting his place, I still sneak in and snuggle it.


Jake took a picture during the process.  Aren't those rows pretty?


Here's Waldo, I mean, Rob, on Christmas Day with his new gift.


So, I haven't made many blankets since then, but I have made lots of hats.  This is my niece McKenna in hers from Christmas 2009


She and her sister, Chantelle, both got one.


This is a matching mommy and baby hat set I made for my best friend, Aileena and her little Audrey.



Baby boy booties.  These are quick and easy and adorable.  Can't remember who I gave these to.  HO



These two hats I made for friends in LA:  Hilary Peterson's daughter, Evelyn, and Rachel Sweirenga's daughter, Summer, both born within a month of each other.  






These I made for Lewis Shoemaker, my cousin, Faith's, boy.



These booties are one of my favorites (I had A TON of this yarn, if you can't tell.)  These were for Anna Crowe's little girl, Naomi.


Christmas hats for nieces Jacie and Cameron. This is the last of this yarn, I promise.



This is one of my favorite hats ever.  I made this for baby Bridget Snow in our ward.  This was my first time doing double-layer flowers and holy moly do I love them!


And finally, a few little crochet projects for MY baby!  Yay!  Here was his first hat.  I made this for him after he was born so I could size it right.  He's about 5 days old in these pictures.  



(His very first Sunday ever)  Awwwww...


Jake's idea to do the brim.  Made it much more manly.  Good call, Jake.


This is Jasper at Christmas (in Santa Barbara) 2011.  Again, the gray brim was Jake's idea.  He has great taste.


And isn't that the sweetest face ever??!

No comments:

Post a Comment